When you’re preparing concrete surfaces, it’s important to know what equipment will work best for your needs. Kinsale Contracting Group provides both floor grinding and scarification services for our customers. Floor grinding is the preferred and most cost-effective approach to remove adhesives, mastic and epoxies associated with demolition and environmental remediation processes.
Concrete scarifiers and concrete diamond grinders are both great for concrete resurfacing, but they produce very different results. Based on the needs of the project, Kinsale can provide a team of highly trained operators and top of the line equipment.
What’s the Difference Between Concrete Floor Grinding and Concrete Scarification?
When you’re preparing concrete surfaces, it’s important to know what equipment will work best for your needs. Kinsale Contracting Group provides both floor grinding and scarification services for our customers.
Grinding and scarifying are both great for concrete resurfacing but they produce very different results.
Concrete scarifying is ideal for projects that require a considerable amount of cutting power or there is a large amount of adhesives or impurities. It is a faster but more aggressive approach and leaves a rough profile.
Concrete grinding is the preferred and the most cost effective method for removing adhesives or floor applications. This method is used when a cleaner and smoother profile is needed by removing only the top layer off the surface.
Ideal Uses for Grinding
- Removes all imperfections and inconsistencies in the concrete adhesives, plastics or epoxies
- Reduces the time needed for floor prep done by flooring installers
- Preferred and most cost effective method
Ideal Uses for Concrete Scarification
- Lowering concrete height levels to accommodate thicker flooring material
- Removing thick epoxy, carpet glue or coatings
- Carving deep grooves for traction
- Removing thicker layers of concrete for repair
- Removing thick layers of adhesives
- Carving deep grooves for Evening joints to reduce trip hazards
Why Choose Kinsale?
Kinsale operators are trained and understand the threshold of how much grinding is needed and allowed to not damage the concrete. Whereas, untrained contractors can damage the structural integrity of the concrete, incurring higher costs. Additionally, each of our operators are cross trained in environmental abatement and interior demolition to ensure they can grind on all concrete surfaces.