Kinsale Contracting Group has immediate employment opportunities for field operations in our selective demolition and remediation fields.
All applicants must provide proper identification and environmental documentation for their respective field. Kinsale Contracting Group is a union shop and is signatory with the Laborers’ International Union of North America.
Please apply today and join one of the best teams in the Chicago area!
Entry-Level Environmental Remediation Estimator/Project Manager
We are seeking a motivated individual with hands-on construction experience to join our team as an Entry-Level Environmental Remediation Estimator/Project Manager at Kinsale Contracting Group, Inc. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a dynamic construction environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with experienced estimators to learn the process of preparing cost estimates for construction projects.
- Attend walk-throughs, measure, assess and gather needed data for estimates, conduct take-offs of plans, calculate areas, work tasks need, rates and calculate accurate and timely estimates. Write up estimates for typing by the Office Admins, proof and approve the Bids before sending.
- Follow up with GCs and other customers as needed to negotiate bids and Change orders.
- Plan labor and equipment/supplies for awarded jobs, work with the Warehouse Equipment Manager direct and manage the mobilization of manpower and supplies to start jobs on time.
- Direct and supervise the Job Superintendent on jobs with consistent and clear communications.
- Ensure that all materials, tools and equipment are managed by the Superintendents and that the job progresses as planned and budgeted.
- Monitor and manage the daily progress of Superintendents on assigned jobs with daily Field Reporting, tracking the Man Days used and yet to be done to complete the job on time and on budget. Takes any corrective action needed to meet budgets.
- Supports and enforces all safety rules including company, jobsite-specific and OSHA rules & regulations.
- Attend all required job site meetings, as scheduled.
- Completes the Job MD budgets, reports on weekly the MD budget vs. actual and any unforeseen delays.
- Completion of other reports including, but not limited to, waiver request approvals, Change orders, Contract changes, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous hands-on experience in construction.
- Strong willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to direct and supervise equipment and personnel.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and prioritize competing and urgent tasks.
- Ability to motivate employees by giving good and helpful feedback.
- Ability to effectively communicate with General Contractor/Owners/Customers and other trades in the best interest of the company.